Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Please join Jim Dalton and Maggi Smith-Dalton at upcoming FREE music and history programs at The Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Boston, Mass.
This special version of the Daltons' longest-running program “American History Thru Music™ — 1760s to 1960s-A Musical Portrait of the USA” —
▪ starts January 29, 2017, with “Causes, Crusades, Campaigns!—Get your energy up!”
▪ followed on February 26, 2017, with “Good Times and Hard Times—We’ve All Been there!”
▪ and wrapping up on April 2, 2017, with “Immigration and Migration—Packing Our Bags, Hittin’ the Road!”
WHEN AND WHERE:
Sessions will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Boston Conservatory’s T-401 classroom (31 Hemenway Street Boston, MA 02115)
Directions to campus: https://bostonconservatory.berklee.edu/directions
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Registration: Contact Rhoda Bernard, email@example.com
SO … WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
▪ Live, historically informed performance of songs & instrumental pieces plus some recorded excerpts where appropriate
▪ Discuss general history (political, social, cultural) & music history for each era … Discover how music both reﬂected and shaped the course of people’s lives … Opportunities for musical participation provided in each session
▪ Each session will be illustrated, and materials for further exploration will be shared
WHO SHOULD COME? ANYONE! THAT MEANS YOU!
Download a descriptive flyer here: http://singingstring.org/PDF/AHTM%20Special%20Seminars%20version.pdf
And look for us at WorldFest in February and our annual concert “Celebration of American Music 7” in April….more info to come….
Posted by Maggi Smith-Dalton at 6:36 PM